The very first winter at the land of Santa



You may find in my blog that there are many “my first” titles. Obviously, that is because I moved to a whole new environment, new country with totally different culture. And today, I would like to share with you about the first winter I experienced in Finland. Certainly, it would be a mistake if do not tell about winter when you come to Finland. However, I had to wait quite long until the winter actually came. The winter usually comes around November and it is starting to snow. Unfortunately, in the year I came to Finland, I had a first snow after Christmas. Some people said joke that we brought the heat of tropical area to Finland (I come from Vietnam). The feeling of seeing snow for first time is so strange and special. Everywhere has just one color – white. The snow makes the gloomy scenes of winter more lively and beautiful. I enjoyed the snow for around one month before the temperature got higher and snow was starting to melt. And the horrible part of snow came along. The road became slippery and dirty. I had to struggle when walking to avoid falling down. However, I was very happy with my first winter and really enjoyed it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog