Kuralan – The mediaeval village in modern time


As I used to said that I have special interest in mediaeval age of Europe. Therefore, I was so excite when was introduced about this village. This village around 15 minutes of biking from my place, not far from the city. Every August, this village open a day for people to visit and explore the life of villagers. Villagers here are the host of the Mediaeval Festival that is held in summer (I will write about this festival in another post). The mediaeval structure of the village is still kept by the city and villagers. Come here, I can witness
myself how the life in 14th – 15th century looks like. One the exhibition day, villagers plays roles like their ancestors: live by rising animal (until now), making leather, metallurgy, agriculture. Beside normal activities, visitors also try to wear heavy armor, using sword or arrow like a real knight and the kid were extremely fascinated with this.  Visiting this village make me more excited to wait for 
the Mediaeval Festival in next summer.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog